Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Up-cycled Sentimentals

Recently a friend asked me if I would be interested in taking some of her mother's old shirts and use them to create an up-cycled flower.  I thought, what a great way to remember a loved one!!!!  We all have clothing, accessories, etc, laying around from loved ones who are now gone and often we don't know what to do with these belongings but can't bear to part with them.  Of course there are things that we couldn't possibly imagine taking scissors to, but if you have something that you'd be interested in up-cycling, let me know and we can come up with an accessory and design that suits you and your loved one's memory.  I can use the fabric to create hair clips, headbands, pins (for clothing, purses, etc), or bracelets.  Prices range from $6-$10 depending on the size/design.  Below are some vintage inspired examples....






I'll be honest...this cuff was made from an old shirt (not sentimental) BUT it's a great example of an up-cycled cuff bracelet  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment